Punjabi Likari Forums
Sat Sri Akal

Gareebee in a Sikh

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement Re: Gareebee in a Sikh

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:20 am

thanks preety....

"Dhann likhari nanka piyare ji sach likhe urdhar..."[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by preety kaur on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 pm

praying waheguru
preety kaur
super moderator
super moderator

Back to top Go down

Announcement Gareebee in a Sikh

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Gareebee in a Sikh

Gareebee in a Sikh can be leaned (attained) by our Guru Sahib Jees and is explained below from the life history of our Guru Sahib.

Guru Amar Das Jee was sitting on his religious throne and was delivering instructions to the congregation. Baba Datu Jee came along with a large number of his companions and kicked the Guru, who fell down the platform. Datu took possession of the platform and proclaimed himself as the Guru. Guru Amar Das got up and said in extreme humility," Sir, pardon me, my hard bones might have hurt your tender feet." After this the Guru left Goindwal and went to his village Basarka. He confined himself in a house outside the town without letting anybody know about his whereabouts.
Attaining Gareebee can also be learned from Guru Sahib Guru Ram Das Jee, when Baba Srichand, the eldest son of Guru Nanak, had founded a religious sect of his own known as Udasis. He visited Amritsar and came to see Guru Ram Das. On seeing Guru's long flowing beard, Baba Srichand asked him jocularly why he grew it that long. The Guru replied,"To wipe the dust from the holy feet of the saints like you." 'Your this sweet humility is the magic that makes you so great and makes me feel so small,' replied Srichand. Baba Srichand promised the Guru his co-operation.

Same Gareebee was soled weapon of Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Jee:

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:
gareebee gadhaa hamaaree ||
Humility is my spiked club.

kha(n)naa sagal raen shhaaree ||
My dagger is to be the dust of all men's feet.

eis aagai ko n ttikai vaekaaree ||
No evil-doer can withstand these weapons.

gur poorae eaeh gal saaree ||1||
The Perfect Guru has given me this understanding. ||1||

Baba Farid also tells about Gareebee:

kavan s akhar kavan gun kavan s maneeaa ma(n)th ||
What is that word, what is that virtue, and what is that magic mantra?

kavan s vaeso ho karee jith vas aavai ka(n)th ||126||
What are those clothes, which I can wear to captivate my Husband Lord? ||126||

nivan s akhar khavan gun jihabaa maneeaa ma(n)th ||
Humility is the word, forgiveness is the virtue, and sweet speech is the magic mantra.

eae thrai bhainae vaes kar thaa(n) vas aavee ka(n)th ||127||
Wear these three robes, O sister, and you will captivate your Husband Lord. ||127||

Hence Humility and forgiveness and sweet talk are the constituents of Gareebee.

Right now in Sikh Panth, there is in greed of leadership and political status. Some do it be spending money, some by force, and some by going to the Jail. Result is in front of all of us. In 1923 elections it was known that liquor played a main role and today also SGPC elections are known to have based on liquor distribution.

Singh Saba Lehar (struggle) of many years was spoiled in just one month. We need to ask ourselves this question: Where is our Guru Sahib jee lesson of ?Tyag and Gareebee?? Where is our ?greed and dirty politics? taking us?

Young people (generation) of Sikh Kaum will lean from our current leadership. The measurement of success of a Kaum is achieved by ?Tyag and Gareebee? and we all should adopt

"Dhann likhari nanka piyare ji sach likhe urdhar..."[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum